Monday, May 4, 2009

Disneyland Fun


Shad and Cole kicking eachother at the condo, I think that is a sign that they like eachother


We arrived in LA on Thursday and just got settled in and went to dinner, and of course stopped by at the MAC store to check out their pigment eye colors and now I am addicted...Im sure Dan now is not very happy with Sarah for introducing those to me. On Friday we got to the park at about 3 in the afternoon (we decided to not spend ALL day there since we had little ones that would get tired and cranky, Dan included). The first ride we went on was Pirates of the Caribbean and we could take the babies on with us so that was fun..so I thought. When we got to the front of the line we encountered the gay pirate:) The pirate asked how many in our group so I said "four", he looked at us and said "four adultssss and two babiesss?"..."then theeatsss seeeax" (thats six) and believe me he said it with some attitude and Im pretty sure he gave me the pointer finger wave. After that we reffered to him as the gay butt pirate, needless to say he ended up seating us in four seats so I think I was right. Well I thought it would be fun to take the babies on the ride and that was true for Cole but not at all for Shad. Shad cried the whole time and clawed at my neck..fun. Cole absolutely loved it and was smiling and laughing the whole time. We then headed to get some good eats (it wasnt really that good but it filled our tummys). We wanted to get on Dumbo but it was a crazy long line so we went on Snow White, yet another big mistake, Shad hated that one too and I did too for that matter. Dan, Adam and Sarah wanted to go on the Mattehorn so I fed Shad while they went on and you wouldnt belive who we saw when they got off it was Dwight from the office. I said "oh thats cool" and kept going but when I turned around I saw the Adam and Sarah we hunting him down to get a picure. They had to wait til he got off the ride but it was worth the wait because they were able to get a pic of Sarah with him in the back ground. We then went on the Nemo ride and I thought for sure Shad would like that one, wrong again. Shad cried half way through and I thought the whole ride was toast but he fell asleep, woops I guess he was just tired. We did a little shopping while Dan and Adam went on Space Mountain and Star Tours then headed back to the Dumbo ride. By this time we were mostly spent but really wanted to see the fireworks so we hung around for a couple hours to see them. We snacked on muffins and cinnimon rolls while sitting on the curb on Main St just to hear that the fireworks would be canceled due to high winds. WHAT are you serious you cannot cancel fireworks, well they did and we were not happy. But all in all the day was tons of fun

4 comments:

Stacy said...

HOW FUN! You guys are so brave taking your kiddies to DISNEYLAND! I don't even know if I would dare take Porter? Ha!

Nicole said...

oh how fun sorry he didn't like it!

Boy Mom said...

I'm so sure you didn't tell me you had a blog! Gasp! All the comments I could have left ;)

Love Disney land, sounds like a fun trip.

Kendal and Alissa said...

I love Disneyland....lucky! I'm sure you had fun even if Shad didn't enjoy all of the rides.