Thursday, September 18, 2008

Shad is sleeping through the night!


At just 2 months old Shad started sleeping through the night and most would say "oh how lucky are they", well it was a bit more than luck although I wont say that luck didnt have any part in the process. I had heard a lot about the Babywise method and didnt think much about it until Dan and I were very sleep deprived and quickly getting short with eachother. About this same time a friend of mine mentioned that her daughter (9months old at the time) was sleeping on average 12 hours a night WOW. She said that she started sleeping through the night at just 3 months old and told me that it was due to the Babywise method, so of course it got my attention. I immediatly purchased the book on amazon and started reading as soon as I recieved it, it took me a few days to finish it but it was worth it in the end. After just 5 days of doing the suggested routine Shad just decided on his own to skip his midnight feeding and slept 8 hours straight and has been doing that for the past month and a half and now and then we have a very lucky night of 10-11 hours of straight sleep and on those days I am particularly happy that I accepted the suggestion from my friend.

3 comments:

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

Yeah!!! Sleep is a wonderful thing...just be careful of the babywise book, Rylie's pediatrician before we first moved recommended a different book because he knew of babies that had died from that method.

Jessie Nielsen said...

I still maintain that he is one of the most gorgeous babies I have ever seen! I am so happy he is sleeping for you! How you been? I have a blog now... you should check it out!

Great Scott's! said...

Hey Katie I love that book and still have it :) I need to get that back to you soon. Am I the freind?! I am so happy you have had such success in the sleep and scheduling baby wise process. And I read the 1st comment and I don't know her or her Dr. but I'm pretty sure babies don't just up and die cause they are on a regular, well patterned schedule. Just my thoughts though. Your little man is so adorable!! And I miss the Beachlys