Sunday, October 19, 2008

What, a tooth!!


We found a tooth, well not actually found it we just noticed it. Shad was acting really gumpy and not eating well at all, he would it about 2 oz. then just scream. We went on like this for about a week or so not knowing what to do. I looked on the internet and all of his symptoms matched Thrush (I didnt know much about it but is seemed to match) so I pinned the crying on that. He had a check-up with his doctor the next day and I brought it up and he doubted that it was thrush and said it could be caused by teething. I really didnt think that was possible considering he was so young so I continued to treat Thrush which is pretty much just sterelizing everything to the extreme including his hands. Well the next day we were out running errands and he was talking (cooing) and when he opened his mouth my sister noticed something white and low and behold it was a tooth. I cant believe his first tooth came in a just 4 months old. I am so glad that I am not breastfeeding. We are not sure if he ever had Thrush but either way the tylenol helped out tremendously whether it was just teething or Thrush so I am so greatful for modern medicine.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Hilarious picture! What a beautiful boy :)

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

I know babies who got teeth at 2 months and have heard of ones that are actually born with teeth! Rylie was 1 year when she got her first tooth! Austin has had all 4 molars just come in together and now all 4 k9 teeth...can we say really grumpy!!!