Monday, September 8, 2008

In the Beggining


As weird as it seems Dan and I met online on a dating website. We started emailing in June of 2004 and right away he asked for my phone number and I hesitated giving it to him because he lived in Oklahoma at the time. In July I was going down to San Diego to see my sister for the 4th and I was driving by myself so I decided to give him my number and told him when exactly to call me so he could keep me awake while I drove. My plan worked because we talked for 8 hours during my drive down and another 6 on the way back up so I decided he was worth talking to at least a bit more. We talked pretty regularly over the next few months before he was able to make it out to Utah in October. When he came out we only had 2 weeks together which we spent getting to know each other's families and before he left to be shipped to Cuba for a 12 month tour we decided to get married the next time he was able to come home which ended up being in Dec. We were married on the beach in La Jolla CA on Dec. 23, 2004 by Dan's dad Raymond Burton, my dad also was part of the ceremony however Dan's dad did the official part. He was home for a couple of weeks before he had to go back to Cuba so we were able to spend our first Christmas and New Years together. For the next year we were not able to live together, (the military was not allowing spouses to live in Cuba for good reason) however we were able to see eachother a couple of times when he got leave and we talked on the phone a few times a week although we didn't say much because the delay was so bad it took about 10 mins just to say "I love you".