Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me (Kate) in Park City

The weekend of my Birthday was a bit crazy because we had a lot of people in town for Shad's Blessing so we decided to celebrate my Birthday the weekend after. Dan planned a weekend away without Shad which was a wonderful break from our daily activities. Shad stayed with my parents and Dan and I went to Park City, we did one of those TimeShare "scams" where they suck you in by giving you a free stay in a hotel but you have to take a 90 min tour of their facility and listen to all the incentives they want to give you if you buy today. Well needless to say we didn't buy anything as much as we wanted to so we go put into a decent but not great hotel room for the weekend. When we got to the check-in counter Dan knew the person checking us in from when he worked there this past winter. Luckily Dan was on good terms with this person and her upgraded our room to the nicest room they had available and it was RIDICULOUS!! We had a two story room on the top floor equiped with; two common areas, 2 bathrooms, 3 TVs, a full kitchen, 2 outdoor patios, and of course a bedroom well actually 2 bedrooms but only one of them was really ours to use, they just hadn't locked the door in between the two rooms. The next morning we went to breakfeast at a 5 star restaraunt (which doesnt taste much defferent than ihop for breakfeast anyway). I spent most of the afternoon at the spa which was very relaxing and I think much deserved after just having had a baby. And for dinner we ate again at a 5 star restaraunt which was deffinatly worth the money. I order steak and Dan of course ordered the hamburger, which to my surprise was better than my steak, I didnt think that was possible. We eneded the reaxing day in the pool. We went back home the next morning which was good because I was starting to miss my baby boy (Dan thought I was ridiculous for missing Shad after only 2 nights away). We also had a nice family party that evening where we just ate dinner and dessert and played games in the backyard. Overall I think it was the best Birthday I have had so far.

3 comments:

Our Journey to Beating Epilepsy said...

wow!!! that is a sweet set up!!! it's like a really nice home.

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

Your welcome...I love your blog, and I am so excited to blog stalk you!!! Happy Belated Birthday...what day was it??? We didn't even know it was your birthday weekend...thanks for letting us share it with you...only next time tell us so we can tell you Happy Birthday and sing to you!!! We are so happy that we got to be there for Shad's blessing...he is very very cute!

heller said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I finally looked at your blog. It's very cool.