Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Juggling Act


Well lately I have felt a little like a chicken running around with its head cut off. Now I know why moms dont work. Well that is if you want to get anything done. I just started a new business of selling handbags, which I love but it has taken up any free time I may have had before and some I didnt have before. I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with Shad and make sure that his needs are met, but I am having a hard time with there being a load or two of laundry constantly on the couch and dishes in the sink that I just can seem to get around to completing. On the possitive not Shad is still a total joy and is learning more everyday. He is getting a little closer to crawling (rocking on his knees) and talking more everyday. I am so blessed to have such a great family so close to me to help and support me. And the greatest blessing in my life now is my wonderful husband. I think that sometimes I take him for granted and I am trying to focus more on appreciating all the things he does for me and our family. Dan is such a hard worker and really seems to have the worst luck. Unfortunately Utah County has postponed hiring him yet again so he will not be working full time until May, which is very frustrating but nice since that will allow us to go to Disneyland in a couple weeks YEAH! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and other young mothers that help keep me sane and offer support when needed (thanks ladies). After conference I took a long hard look at my life and realize yet again just how lucky I am to live the life that I do and deal with the challenges that have been set for me. I know that my everyday experiences help me grow and learn and for that I am grateful.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

It has been the biggest challenge for me to figure out how to juggle all the many responsibilities of mom, wife, housewife, and every hat that we women get to wear. I am just finally beginning to feel like I have control over my life. I am willing to bet that I will go through it all over again once #2 is in the picture. Ah, the joys of motherhood. We wouldn't trade it for anything though.

Kendal and Alissa said...

Kate you are so impressive! You do so much for everyone around you. I don't know how you do balance everything. P.S. I am jealous you get to go to Disneyland. I want to go so bad!

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

We work 24 hours a day it seems...we just don't get paid for it, get any sick days, or vacation days!!! I had it all pretty much together until this little man came...now I can't keep the laundry & dishes done or anything else, and I am home all day!!! The life of a mommy! We will miss you in Disneyland as we will be there not long after you guys leave...:(

Nicole said...

It is such a demanding job to be a mom but it is the best job in the world. I wish I could stay home with Courtney so bad! You are so lucky!! I am going to just miss you in Disneyland, we are going next week April 15-19. haha. Thanks for the comment. I hope you have a great Easter as well. :)