Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yummy Soup


Today we are getting together with my relatives for dinner (we do it every fast sunday) and today we are having soup and salad. I have to bring a soup so I decided to finally try to make a recipe I got from a friend and it turned out amazing and was so easy. It only took me about 40 minutes to make from start to finish. Here is the recipe if you want to try.

Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

Tried and true. I made this for lunch today and it was so delicious! I had leftover chicken and leftover wildrice, and this made the yummiest soup. It is definitley worth trying. I really don't think exact measurements matter, just throw in what you got.

Abt 1-2 cups cubed chicken, cooked
Abt 2 cups cooked wild rice
3 stems celery, chopped
1/2 sweet yellow onion
1 cup sliced carrots
3 slices bacon chopped
2 tbsp butter
A few dashes of parsley flakes
2 cans cream of chicken
2 cups milk
About 2 cups water (or until you reach the desired consistency, it is super thick without the water)
Salt & Pepper to taste

In a large pot, dump in your butter, veggies and bacon and let simmer on medium heat until veggies are soft. Add the cream of chicken soup and milk. Stir until smooth consistency. Add parsley flakes. Add the cooked rice and chicken. Then add water until you reach your desired thickness/thinness. I let it simmer on low for about an hour while some cornbread cooked and then served, it was wonderful.

THANKS STACY!!

I think my new goal is to try a new recipe from her blog every week, we will see how that goes.

1 comments:

Kayla said...

Yum, that looks amazing. And I read the ingredients and it sounds delicious! I might just have to try to make it myself. Thanks for sharing! :D