Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yet another sweet deal THANKS ALISSA


So this is not just a deal it comes with a story too, lucky you:) So in order to get this super sweet deal, on Huggies diapers, you have to print out coupons at coupons.com. The first catch is that you can only print 2 per computer so that was a chore on its own trying to access a bunch of computers and printers so that I could print as many as possible. Then you go to Walgreens where they are having a sale on diapers and if you spend $25 or more you get a $10 gift certificate to use next time, so it was worth to work.

Here is the story that goes along with. All the Walgreens in UT county we fresh out of Huggies because of the sweet deal and the location in Provo was to get a shipment in at 11:00. I went on my saving spree with Sarah because it would make it more fun. I picked her up at 10:30 and we stopped at her sister's house (so she could print off some coupons) and then picked up lunch so we could pass the time before the delivery truck was to arrive. We hung out for a bit then wandered around the store for a while til they started loading up the shelves. We were lucky enough to get the sizes we needed but that wasn't where the adventure stopped like we thought it would, it was just beggining:) I got up to the register and asked to make 2 trasactions so I could get 2 $10 coupons back, he said that that was not possible that they would only give one per customer.....ok so I had him start ringing it up (eventhough every other Walgreens would let me do 2 transactions oh well). I gave him my hard earned coupons and after he examined them he told me that he could not accept ANY of the because the number under the bar code was the same and then he slammed them down on the counter, and no I am not making that up (accusing me of copying the coupons). I procceeded to to tell him that I did not copy them and that is how they came. Luckily one of the ladies behind me chimed in and said that we all had the same coupons and they worked, so he called the manager over. When the manager arrived she procceded to tell him that I could use the coupons but before she left I asked about making 2 trasactions and she said it was fine....no kidding....did I get an apology of course not! He then would not let me use my $10 coupon that I got from a previous purchase because then the number of coupons would exceed the number of items I was buying, ok then use the $10 cert. and not one of the other coupons, it took him a while to understand that part too. Then when my transactions were finally complete (by this point my line was completely empty and there was a ridiculous like behind the other cashier...wonder why) he told me I had more diapers in my cart then I paid for. I told him "I know, I am saving them for my sister", he then told me that I couldnt same them for her. I told him I would not go anywhere and stay right there where he could see me and he said that we were NOT ALLOWED to hold them in any way and came over and took them off my cart!! Oh my goodness, never in my life have I been accused of cheating and trying to steal all in a few minutes. Needless to say I told the on site manager about that employees inapropiate behavior and she said that she would take care of it and that that was not unusual for this particular worker.

Although it was an adventure and a bit of a tramatic experience it was totally worth the sweet deal I got on diapers. OH the things us mothers will do for a good deal.

6 comments:

Kendal and Alissa said...

Oh my gosh what at story! I am glad you took advantage of this. I have been so crazy busy I didn't have time to post or email this. It was a great deal,but it was a little bit of a hassle. The Orem store let me buy size 6 since they were out of my size and they say they will allow me to change sizes. So I hope they will and don't give me a big hassle!

Stacy said...

Alissa if they don't let you exchange them I will buy them off ya.

Kate I can't believe your story! That is so funny. You handled him so well I would have died and left with nothing. Ha. This is like my worst fear in trying to do these crazy coupon stories. Maybe that is why I've never tried it.

Burton Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Burton Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Burton Family said...

It gets easier the more you do it and you also gain more confidence in what you are doing. A year ago I may have backed down but not now....lookout store employees Im a comin:)

Our Journey to Beating Epilepsy said...

hahaha...that was so funny. not at the moment though!