Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chillin in Chico

Because most of my family and my sister had Spring Break off we decided to go see where Bekah has been living and will be for the next few years. All that were planning to go were my Mom, Dad, Angie, Luke, Shad and me! Well at midnight the day before we left my other sister decided to go into labor (well it really was not her decision) so Angie and my mom decided to stay home to help her out, so our tour group got smaller very quickly (we enjoyed the extra space in the car). The drive out there was not so good due to Shad and his loath for the roadtrips, he fussed most of the way and most of the trip because he was not sleep well and neither did I for that matter (sharing an airbed with your 9 month old son will do that to you). The first day we were there we just toured downtown Chico and Chico State campas which is beautiful!! We went into a bunch of the little shops there and I bought Shad his first Klean Kanteen, if you go to Chico you know what those are but for those of you who dont here is a pic. Shad actually hates drinking out of it but Im sure in due time he will love it if it is the last thing I do ;) I got one as well and I love mine. Friday was very relaxing, we started the day at Trader Joes (one of my favorite stores, they really need to get one out here) where I found an awesome deal on natural body wash, shampoo, and conditioner and it smells amazing, I really hope I like how it makes my hair feel. The afternoon was spent at "1 mile" which is a man made pool in the middle of the river in Bidwell Park, it is awesome and I would love for them to do this to the Dam up the Provo Canyon. We wanted to swim but it was way to cold so I just put Shad and my feet in and yes they froze and shad hated that even more then the roadtrip. We just ended up waling around the park, napping, playing cards and boche ball oh and enjoying the entertainment of the old man trying to juggle. That evening we all went on a hike up Monkey Face (Shads first hiking experience and mine carrying him in a baby carrier). The hike was really beautiful but i cant say it was relaxing esspecially because I am still out of shape and had the extra weight of Shad on me. Overall I am glad we did it though. Saturday morning we went to the farmer's market which I always love and got the most delicious strawberries and a handmade cutting board. That evening we went to Paradise (20 mins from Chico) and visited some old friends from San Diego. We woke up early the next morning to drive home and that proved to be just as hard on Shad as the drive there. We spent a lot of time trying to entertain Shad to keep him happy. We thoroughly enjoyed out stay in Chico but both Shad and I are very happy to be in our own beds!!

2 comments:

rachel said...

I love how willing you are to torture Shad :) I can't stand those uptight moms who wouldn't even consider dipping his feet in the water. You're a cool mom!

PS - I second the Trader Joes comment. A moment of silence for my favorite store please.

Burton Family said...

dont worry i totally respected your moment of silence and replayed all the wonderful purchases I have made there