Friday, December 19, 2008

Reading time


I try to get in a least a few minutes of reading time with Shad every day. I can usually squeeze it in but sometimes it doesn't happen. My hope is that he will grow up loving books and reading and that will only benefit him that much more in the end. He loves textures so his favorite books are the touchy feely books but he will sit and listen to anything and often tries to hold the book on his own. Its only a matter of time til we go in his room and find him sitting up in his crib reading, right?

2 comments:

rachel said...

My dad is most grateful to my mom for reading to us kids because it instilled a love of reading in all of us. My dad hates reading and thinks it's because his mom never read to him......You're a good mama! :)

Chelsea Rivas said...

Kate, call me! Sandy said you guys are going to try to come up here after Christmas--yay!! So call me and let me know if you can make it 503-586-6590