Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas



Christmas was great this year even in all its craziness. The whole family was here in UT for the holidays and that is how I like it. We celebrated our traditional 12 days of Christmas where everyone takes a different day before or after Christmas and organizes a family oriented activity. This year we did a variety of things; made gingerbread houses, made ornaments, sang Christmas carols, made lots of snowmen, and of course played board and card games, but the high light for me was Christmas eve when Dan let me open my big gift. He (well techniquely I got it) got me Guitar Hero World Tour which I have wanted for a very long time (well since Oct 22 when it came out). We jammed for a few hours, it was a blast. Christmas morning came and I was so excited to see Shad play with his new toys I didnt even want to take the time to feed him, but dont worry we did, well Dan did while I got ready to open gifts. The whole opening of gifts was a bit weird this year just because Shad had no idea what he was doing and why mom was making all these loud noises and trying to get me to help (Shad hated the sound of the wrapping paper tear). Once his gifts were all open we opened them up to play with and Shad really liked them and after he got the hang of his Jumperoo he absolutly loved it. Some times when I hold him standing up he thinks he is in the Jumperoo and tries to jump it is really cute. The rest of the day we spent with my family visitying, playing games, opening gifts and eating wrapping paper (mostly just Shad and Violet my neice did that). I really appreciate my brother Jay for doing a bit of a lesson or more of a reminder of what Christmas is all about and focusing on the things we have been blessed with over the past year, it was a much needed reminder of just how blessed we all are even when our lives seem to be a bit tough. It was a great day and holiday overall, I really cant wait for next year when maybe Shad knows a bit more about what we are doing and enjoys it a bit more.

0 comments: