Monday, November 17, 2008

Dan finally gave in


Well our two cars have been slowly dying for about a year now and we are just waiting for one of them to finally go toward the light, so it was inevitable that we would need to get a new car. So around August I told Dan that all I wanted for my birthday was a new car, and he just laughed and said yeah right. Well when my birthday came around and Dan took me to Park City for the weekend, my new phrase was "all I want for Christmas is a new car, and maybe some front teeth for Shad so he will stop teething". He just laughed like before, well we thought the Explorer had driven its last mile so we went car shopping, just to see what was out there. I think that a new car is an appropriate Thanksgiving gift after all I would be very thankful for it. We finally decided on the car we wanted and went to a friend to see if he could find one at an auction for us. I must have been our lucky day because he ended up getting the car we wanted with a few extras along with it, it had about 30,000 less miles than we expected to get along with leather interior and a built in DVD player which we probably wont be using much until Shad is older and we are needing to entertain him on road trips. We are very happy with our new purchase, especially after taking our first road trip out to Sacramento last weekend to visit Dan's family and my sister in Chico.

0 comments: