Monday, November 22, 2010

The Trip Home


Because Shad and Violet are now 2 we had to buy tickets for them which sucks but it does make the flight experience much nicer with them having their own seats. Getting to the plane was by far the hardest part. Since I had two kids, two car seats and one large carry on bag my aunt was planning on helping me to the gate but I guess it is San Diego Airport's policy to not allow non travelers past security so I was on my own. It was Penny's brilliant idea to put the kids in their car seats and drag them. I must say it worked beautifully on the tile but it was nothing less than a workout once we were on the carpet, but it worked.

During our Layover in Phoenix Shad played on the plan but Violet had already fallen asleep. I was lucky enough to have both kids fall asleep shortly after our departure from Phoenix so I did get a little rest.

Violet had to sort her goldfish crackers before she would eat them but still refused to eat the green ones so I got those ones. When we arrived back home the couple behind us was so nice and offered to carry the car seats all the way to the baggage claim so I just had to worry about corralling the kids, it was so nice.

1 comments:

Kendal and Alissa said...

No way Kate you are so brave to make that trip with two 2-year olds. Looks like you had a blast. I love the picture of you dragging the two car seats in the airport....awesome!