Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Trip to San Diego

Shad and I went to San Diego but only for a couple days. We flew there then drove back with my aunt. The flight there was the best we have ever had...I LOVE JETBLUE! Because the flight was not full they let us have a whole row to ourselves and let me take on Shad's car seat even though I did not pay for a seat for him. It was so nice to have Shad in his own car seat because he was comfortable and sat up higher so he could see out the window. She did not cry for even fuss the whole flight. He watched TV, ate some snacks and stared out the window throughout the flight, I loved it.

I couldn't take a high chair with me since I flew so we had to made due with what we had and this is what we came up with. It worked ok for the few days we were there but not a long term solution, he kept crawling around on the seat and getting food everywhere.

While we were there we visited my aunts best friend who runs a preschool down in Chula Vista so he got to interact with some other kids and even did his first painting. It was a bit of a mess but worth it.
Overall it was a nice short getaway. My favorite part of the trip was on the drive home when we stopped in Primm Valley for a little shopping spree at my favorite store, William Sonoma Outlet! I got a bunch of gift cards for my birthday so to make it even better I didn't have to spend any money.

2 comments:

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

Shad is so big! It goes by way too fast! I love the Elmo version of the leash backpack! I haven't seen that one. Glad you guys had a fun trip!

Stacy said...

Is this little boy WALKING? I can't remember if I've seen that?