Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Best cake thus far




So for the past, oh I don't know maybe, 7 years I have enjoyed learning new techniques for making cakes. My sister and I took a cake decorating class forever ago and ever since I have made out families and a few friends Birthday cakes. This one by far takes the cake (pun totally intended). It was (or should I say still is since we have some leftover sittin in the freezer) a chocolate with mint ice cream inside. I used fondant on the top to make a clean look and I am really happy with how it turned out.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Got your comment about the zoo pass. I don't know if I would get a pass because it is pretty far away, but who you should really talk to is Alissa. I know that she got a pass this year, so she would be the expert!
Also, I am not an expert on zoos, we don't really go to them, and I've heard people say the Hogle Zoo is lame, but I didn't think so. The exhibits are all close to each other which is nice because you don't have to do a lot of walking in between seeing things. That is especially nice when you have younger ones like ours. It's all whether you think you want to make the long drive.
You should get a pass to Thanksgiving Point and we can hit up the Gardens and Discovery Park together this summer! :) Since I have a pass there. :)

Melissa said...

That cake is AWESOME! Nice work.


...Can I come to the zoo and Thanksgiving Point?! :)

Kendal and Alissa said...

Love the cake and yes I did get a pass to the zoo, so if you get one let me know. I'm not getting a pass to Thanksgiving Point, but I still would like to go with you guys every once in a while:)

heller said...

I didn't see that cake. It is sooo cool!